|Category||Vehicle Parts ▸
Electrical & Ignition ▸
Engine Harnesses ▸
|Created||Monday, February 20, 2017|
|Last Updated||Friday, December 21, 2018|
Wiring Specialties LS1 / Vortec Wiring Harness for BMW E30 - PRO SERIESSKU. 13VB1 Part No. WRS-PROLS1-E30
Plug and Play
Fireproof Fiberglass Sleeving
This Wiring Specialties PRO Series harness was designed from the ground-up to exceed OEM specifications for wire quality, power/ground routing. With our optimized and 'tucked' approach the end result will be a clean and worry free installation with a guaranteed start up.
This harness is specifically engineered for a BMW E30 (82-93) with the GM LS1 Cable Throttle engine swap. It was developed in house on an actual LS1 engine in an E30 chassis to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
Wiring Specialties offers a number of options for common performance upgrades for this product. Build your perfect harness by selecting from the available options to the right, and as always - if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
SUPPORTED ENGINES: Gen 3 Drive By Cable LS1/Vortec
- Any F-Body LS1 from 1999-2002 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am or Corvette
- Any LS1 from 2004 Pontiac GTO
- Any Truck/SUV LSx/Vortec engine from 1999-2004 Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.
- Supports Engines with DRIVE BY CABLE THROTTLE ONLY
CHASSIS: BMW E30
- Any BMW E30 manufactured in 1982-1993
- Factory Speedometer remains functional with BWM differential.
- Factory Tachometer remains functional unless number of cylinders changes. Use Dakota Digital SGi-5 if the number of cylinders has changed from factory.
- Alternator Warning light, A/C, wipers and reverse lights remain functional.
- Optional Factory Gauge Sensor Adapters retain the factory BMW Oil Pressure and Coolant Temp cluster functionality. The adapters are also machined to support most aftermarket temperature and pressure gauges that require a 1/8"-27 thread pitch. Will require the use of E30 BMW (Original BMW sensors) Oil and Temp sensors (1-wire).
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- Fireproof fiberglass sleeving used in high-temp sections near the manifold & turbo (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable built into the main harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector
- MAFS connector (3-pin or 5-pin)
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil interface connectors (coil harnesses are optional)
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Wiring for 2 PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- 1 x Ground ring terminal
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and cluster coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- LS1 Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option. Please note that adding A/C to an LS1 S13 is not easy and will require custom lines and sensor installation. Wiring Specialties will provide a wiring sub-harness needed for operating the A/C system ONLY.
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
Ratings & Reviews
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.