|Category||Tools & Equipment ▸
Chassis Setup ▸
|Created||Friday, March 22, 2013|
|Last Updated||Friday, December 21, 2018|
Watkins Smart Racing Camber Alignment Tool (Includes Digital Module)SKU. 0DMZP Part No. 185-0070
Fast & Simple to use
three-plane telescoping design
Watkins Smart Racing Camber Alignment Tool (Includes Digital Module)
The SmartCamber tool was designed to accurately measure camber regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on. The tool utilizes precise and repeatable digital technology and can be used over a wide variety of wheel/tire combinations regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on.
Camber angle is commonly referred to as the inclination of the wheels from true vertical. Camber is read as either positive or negative. Caster angle is the rearward inclination of the line the front steering wheels pivot around. It is important because it produces a lever-arm for lateral forces, that is, a speed-dependent returning torque to the center-steer position. Caster also increases the camber angle when the wheels are turned which can also increase the tires total grip. Correct settings of these two angles results in a vehicle that tracks straighter, more predictably and helps maximize the traction potential of the tire.
- Fast, simple and accurate
- Easy to read digital inclinometer display and long battery life
- Universal, three-point design easily used with nearly any wheel type, whether for cars or trucks (if using the Hands Free Adapter)
- In nearly all cases, no need to remove hub caps, lug nuts or jack the car off the ground – is held in place by hand or clipped to the wheel – no magnets needed
- Works equally well on level or non-level surfaces
- Ruggedly built for everyday use at home, shop or race track
- Widely used by one-day event enthusiasts (such as Hooked on Driving days), autocrossers, club racers, professional races and tuners throughout the world
- Two tools in one, the SmartLevel module can be quickly removed to measure other things on the car, in the shop or at home.
- If you already own a SmartLevel module, it will fit into the camber frame exactly the same way.
- Designed in California and made in USA except the SmartLevel itself
Ratings & Reviews +
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
- Vehicles Applications +