|Category||Vehicle Parts ▸
Bottom End ▸
|Created||Wednesday, December 30, 2009|
|Last Updated||Monday, November 20, 2017|
Tomei Competition Upper Main Bearing SR20DET Grade 1SKU. 0557X Part No. 1231N1102B
Superior abrasian resistance
Improves the heat transfer
High loads and temperatures
When tuning engines for higher power output and high RPM the bearings are subjected to extreme load conditions. These harsh conditions require the bearings to be able to cope with excessive loads and stress conditions. The TOMEI Competition Bearing series are designed for fatigue resistance, durability, effective lubrication and resistance to scoring. Designed for use on engines that will be outputting 1,000 HP and at over 10,000RPM. These advanced designed bearings are suitable for the serious professionals in mind whom need results.
- Upper Only
- Size: 1.980-1.983mm
- Color: Green
- OEM Grade: 1 (B)
- Qty Required: 5 pcs
- Price is for EACH
- OVERLAY （P76 Material）
The P76 material is used for it's superior abrasion and fatigue resistance. The elimination of the tin flash plating improves the heat transfer through the bearing.
- F781 Material
The F781 material is used on connecting rod bearings for high performance engines. It has a hardened steel backing to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist bearing retention in the housing.
- The combination of these material enhancements optimize bearing performance under high loads and temperatures.
- The Competition Bearing Series are designed with an increased crush (i.e. extra bearing length of typically 0.100-0.175mm). The extra crush improves the retention of the bearing in it's housing.
- Crush Height: The crush height is based on the bearing being a fraction longer than the housing seating so that a small section protrudes above the rod bore parting surface. When the rod halves are drawn together, the inserts touch before the halves, thus forcing the inserts tightly into place.
- The wall thickness at the crown of the shell is thicker than the wall at 3/8" down from the parting face. These Competition Bearing Series have an increased amount of eccentricity to compensate for the bearing housing bore elongation in extreme conditions and to help create an effective hydrodynamic oil film.
- The Notches help with bearing alignment during fitment. They do not hold the bearings in place during operation, that is the function of “Crush”.
- The bore bearing surface finish method helps promote effective oil flow and to maintain adequate lubrication for both the bearings and other moving parts.
- The design of the oil grooves on the lower main bearing shell is always a trade off between oil supply to the Conrods and the bearings load carrying capacity. These TOMEI Competition Bearings generally have a 3/4 groove to give optimum balance of oil flow whilst keeping optimum load carrying capacity.
Ratings & Reviews
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
Frequently Purchased Together