|Category||Vehicle Parts ▸
Suspension & Steering ▸
Shock Mounts ▸
|Created||Thursday, July 27, 2017|
|Last Updated||Friday, December 21, 2018|
Diftech Shock Upper Mount Rear Coilover Top Hats for Scion FR-S Subaru BRZ 86SKU. 15KUF Part No. 10624-01
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
7075-T6 aerospace aluminum
Large 5/8 spherical bearings
Anodized black finish
Diftech Shock Upper Mount Rear Coilover Top Hats for Scion FR-S Subaru BRZ 86 KW Variant 1 & 3
These extended rear top hats are designed to convert to a true coaxial setup and will add additional compression stroke to the shock. The top hat design allows the shock shaft to be tucked higher into the body of the car allowing additional room for the shock body to move an additional 1.0in or 26mm more than normal. This results in more shock travel before bottoming out and will increase suspension compliance and traction.
Non-coaxial upper mounts, while very economical for production and fine for street use, leaves a lot of available suspension performance on the table. This can be vastly improved by going to a full true coaxial setup that separates the upper mount and spring perch. Non-coaxial upper spring location induces bind in the shock shaft increasing stiction in the shock piston and also forcing the spring to have nonlinear compression rate. Increased stiction leads to higher shock oil temperature, additional wear in pistons and seals, and greatly reduces traction at the wheel. This kit will convert the non-coaxial top hats that come with most suspension kits to a true coaxial set-up.
Not designed for use with stock or stock-type springs. Diftech install kit required to adapt to a linear race spring.
Made in the USA from 7075 billet aluminum. All Diftech supper mounts use high strength FK wide-series bearings with Teflon liners for maintenance free, quiet operation. On-the-shelf install kits are available for most popular suspensions on the market and are required for installation. Customers can email us for custom install kits for specific racing applications.
- Hassle-free kit with everything required for installation
- Fits Scion FR-S, Toyota 86/GT86, Subaru BRZ Rear
- Replaces stock KW Clubsport, Variant 1 & 3 coilover suspension rear upper mount
- Designed for KW specific bolt on install kit with coaxial spring perch
- Coaxial design for increased traction and reduced shock stiction
- Hat movement is independent of spring compression axis
- Increase compression stroke by 1in (26mm) compared to stock
- 7075-T6 aerospace aluminum alloy for extra rigidity and reduced weight
- FK large 5/8 in high-quality spherical bearings
- Install kit required (available for each shock brand)
- Custom install kit available (email us for your custom application)
- Anodized black finish for durability
- Engineered, tested, and manufactured in the United States
Ratings & Reviews +
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Vehicles Applications +
Limited2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Premium2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
2014 Subaru BRZ Premium
2015 Subaru BRZ Premium
2016 Subaru BRZ Premium
2017 Subaru BRZ Premium
Series.Blue2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Series.HyperBlue2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Base2017 Toyota 86 Base