|Category||Vehicle Parts ▸
Gasket & Seals ▸
|Created||Tuesday, March 9, 2010|
|Last Updated||Monday, November 20, 2017|
Cometic Metal Head Gasket SR20DET 87.0mm x .051"SKU. 078EX Part No. H1796SP6051S
Multi layered metal headgasket
Viton - coated outer layers
Coating withstands up to 482F
Cometic MLS (Multi-Layer Steel) head gaskets are made of 3 layers of stainless steel. Cometic uses stainless steel for increased strength, ability to rebound, and resistance to corrosion. The outer layers are coated with Viton and beaded for perfect embossment. Viton is a fluoroelastomer rubber-based material that can withstand 482°F and able to seal the most harsh environments such as high load conditions and different surface finishings. The center layer is uncoated which can be varied to accommodate multiple thicknesses.
- Ideal for aluminum heads on cast iron or aluminum blocks.
- Withstands shearing forces created by aluminum heads/cast iron blocks.
- No re-torque is necessary.
- Promotes an even torque load across the sealing surface, allowing for measurable reduced bore distortion.
- Bore size 87mm/ .051 in thick
Ratings & Reviews
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
Frequently Purchased Together