Blitz 70187 Super Sound VD BOV - Subaru (GH8) Impreza
The Blow Off Valve is essential to all turbocharged vehicles. The purpose of the Blitz Blow Off Valve is mainly to relieve compressor surge without reducing compressor speed. It controls the boost pressure that is built up by the turbo and vents it into the atmosphere when the car is not under load (in between shifts). This action prevents pressure from backing up into the compressor housing, causing the turbo impeller blade to rapidly stop or even worse, to spin backwards (compressor surge or backspin). Doing so can be potentially destructive to the turbine wheel and shaft. Repeated stress over time can cause eminent damage to the turbo charger and eventually lead to turbo failure. A Blow Off Valve is actuated by pressure changes only, ensuring quick valve responses and complete closures at idle. The Blitz Blow Off Valve not only improves performance and response, but also increases the life of the turbocharger.
- Employs the Dual Drive System succeeded from the Super Sound Blow Off Valve DD.
- Ensures heat dissipation radiation by designing the body and funnel with ribs.
- Creates a sharp sound by adopting the Venturi effect.
- Defric Coated Piston allows for smooth movement even under dusty conditions.
- 36mm Diameter Big Valve with a Special Rubber Seal ensures an outstanding sealing ability at high boost.
*Optional Recirculation Flanges are available in 3 diameter sizes.
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
|2008 - 2010||Subaru||Impreza|