Radium Dual Billet Catch Can Kit FR-S BRZ
Radium Dual Billet Catch Can Kit - Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ 2013+
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold. The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reuseable.
BENEFITS OF A RADIUM CATCH CAN:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
FR-S / BRZ / 86 MOUNTING LOCATION
Radium engineers have strategically located the catch cans for compatibility with both Right Hand Drive (RHD) and Left Hand Drive (LHD) "86" model variations. Furthermore, they are also compatible with all current aftermarket forced induction kits. Mounting is done using factory holes. No cutting drilling or permanent modidification to the vehicle is required.
These two oil catch can kits are completely independent of each other and can be sold individually or together. Each kit includes:
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium laser cut powder coated "86" specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum -8AN hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough 1/2" PCV rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Barb hose adapter
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
The "Crankcase Vent" kit mounts on the left side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 1/2" breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe.
The "PCV Valve" kit mounts on the right side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 3/8" PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: Because the Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for boosted applications as well so connecting to the intake manifold is permitted.
PETCOCK DRAIN KIT OPTION (please select from options above)
- Anodized -4AN O-ring barbed fitting
- Nylon ¼” barb mini ball valve
- 6ft high temperature rated 1/4" rubber hose
(This kit, sold seperately, can be used to remotely drain the catch cans without the need to unscrew the canister body.)
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
|ALL - ALL||Subaru||BRZ|
|ALL - ALL||Scion||FR-S|
Customers also purchased these items